Are you a Carer?

If you look after someone who cannot care for themselves, even if you don't class yourself as a 'Carer', there is help and support available to you.

Please let us know you are a Carer, so we can add you to our register, by completing the BGP Carers Register form If you provide an email address we will be able to share events and information with you and invite you to our Carers' Support meeting.

The new Aberdeenshire Carers' Charter March 2018 is available here

Aberdeenshire Health and Social Care Partnership have produced an unpaid Carers' information pack which can be viewed here.

To access help and support you will need to register with "Quarriers" - Aberdeenshire Carers' Support Service. They will then contact you to assess your needs and help you find the Carer focused support/services that would be of benefit to you.

You can contact them on 01467 538700 or email 

If you are an ADULT Carer?

Please print off and complete the Carers Registration Form - ADULT and send it to:

Aberdeenshire Carers Support Service, Wardes Road, Inverurie AB51 3TT

If you would more information you can also visit their website or 

Or view their leaflet and further information by clicking here and here.

If you are a YOUNG Carer?

Please print off and complete the YOUNG Carers referral form and send it to:

Aberdeenshire Young Carers Service Wardes Road Inverurie AB51 3TT

If you would more information you can also visit their website

Or view their leaflet by clicking here.


Emergency planning

One important area that has been highlighted is the need for Carers to have an emergency plan, as most Carers never consider that they will ever be ill, or have any plans in place in the event of an accident. So we are asking Carers to think about who they would turn to in these circumstances and to have a conversation with that individual(s) so that they know what they would need to do. One of our Carers has a written document which details the CHI number; medical conditions and medication (including dose and what each medication is for) for the person she cares for. It’s this kind of information that someone picking up the reins in an emergency will need as well as details of the cared-for person’s routine etc.

What we would like you to do is inform us when you have formed your emergency plan so that we can record this information in your medical notes in a way that can be shared with emergency medical services if necessary - this is called a ‘Key Information Summary’. For more information visit or please contact me at the surgery.


Short Term Breaks

Aberdeenshire Short Breaks Services Statement

The Aberdeenshire Short Breaks Services Statement (SBSS) required by section 35 of the Carers (Scotland) Act 2016 is available to read here

The statement aims to assist carers and people with support needs to understand:

  •     What short breaks are
  •        Who can access them
  •        What short breaks are available in Aberdeenshire and across Scotland
  •        How to access short breaks and find further information

If you have any queries or would like to find out what support may be available to you, as a carer in Aberdeenshire, please email:

NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website